Jon Bos is a Certified Financial Planner Practitioner
Why should this be important to you?
The CFP certification indicates a planner who meets rigorous education, exam, experience, and ethics requirements and participates in on-going professional education.
Finding a Planner You Can Trust
Financial planning is a relatively new profession.
Loose government regulation of the term “financial planner”.
- Some states group financial planners with investment advisors.
- Investment advice is just part of financial planning.
- Anyone can call him/herself a financial planner.
- How do you find a planner you can trust?
Look for the CFP Marks
- CFP Board was created in 1985
- Nonprofit, professional regulatory organization
- Mission to benefit the public by fostering professional standards in personal financial planning
- Not a membership organization
- You the public are the CFP Board’s owners
- 100 topic Education curriculum
- 2-day, 10-hour Examination
- Minimum of 3 years Experience
- Adherence to a Code of Ethics
- Adherence to Practice Standards
- Renew certification every 2 years
- Continuing education (30 hours every 2 years)
- Disclosure of ethical/criminal findindgs
Checking Up on a Planner
- Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards – (888) 237-6275 / www.cfp.net
- North American Securities Administrators Association – (202) 737-0900 / www.nasaa.org
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners – (816) 842-3600 / www.naic.org
- National Association of Securities Dealers – (800) 289-9999 / www.nasdr.com
- Securities and Exchange Commission – (202) 942-7040 / www.sec.gov
Top 10 reasons to use a Certified Financial Planner Practitioner
CFP Practitioners will help gather your financial information.
CFP Practitioners will help identify your financial goals.
CFP Practitioners will help rank your financial opportunities.
CFP Practitioners will help stretch your financial resources.
CFP Practitioners will help evaluate your financial situation.
CFP Practitioners will help establish your financial foundation.
CFP Practitioners will help tailor your financial strategies.
CFP Practitioners will help achieve your financial aspirations.
CFP Practitioners will help expand your financial horizon.
CFP Practitioners will help you realize your financial dreams.