Jon Bos is a Certified Financial Planner Practitioner
Why should this be important to you?
The CFP© certification indicates a planner who meets rigorous education, exam, experience, and ethics requirements and participates in on-going professional education.
Finding a Planner You Can Trust
Financial planning is a relatively new profession.
Loose government regulation of the term “financial planner”.
- Some states group financial planners with investment advisors.
- Investment advice is just part of financial planning.
- Anyone can call him/herself a financial planner.
- How do you find a planner you can trust?
Look for the CFP© Marks
- CFP© Board was created in 1985
- Nonprofit, professional regulatory organization
- Mission to benefit the public by fostering professional standards in personal financial planning
- Not a membership organization
- You the public are the CFP© Board’s owners
- 100 topic Education curriculum
- 2-day, 10-hour Examination
- Minimum of 3 years Experience
- Adherence to a Code of Ethics
- Adherence to Practice Standards
- Renew certification every 2 years
- Continuing education (30 hours every 2 years)
- Disclosure of ethical/criminal findindgs
Checking Up on a Planner
- Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards – (888) 237-6275 / www.cfp.net
- North American Securities Administrators Association – (202) 737-0900 / www.nasaa.org
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners – (816) 842-3600 / www.naic.org
- National Association of Securities Dealers – (800) 289-9999 / www.nasdr.com
- Securities and Exchange Commission – (202) 942-7040 / www.sec.gov
Top 10 reasons to use a Certified Financial Planner Practitioner
CFP© Practitioners will help gather your financial information.
CFP© Practitioners will help identify your financial goals.
CFP© Practitioners will help rank your financial opportunities.
CFP© Practitioners will help stretch your financial resources.
CFP© Practitioners will help evaluate your financial situation.
CFP© Practitioners will help establish your financial foundation.
CFP© Practitioners will help tailor your financial strategies.
CFP© Practitioners will help achieve your financial aspirations.
CFP© Practitioners will help expand your financial horizon.
CFP© Practitioners will help you realize your financial dreams.